Thursday, June 12, 2008

Who Has the Chops to Make It to the Top?

Much thanks to my dear friend Ryan who has fueled my blogging self. I've done the lj thing for a while and will continue to fic there. This, though, will serve as an outlet for my rants and raves (television or otherwise).

Top Chef: Chicago Finale

Congratulations, Stephanie!

Chicago and womanhood represent! Stephanie, our cheery little girl-next-door, has been awarded Top Chef and all of the Glad goodies that come with it! (She is also rewarded with the nickname of "Steph-Top," which I think is adorably clever due to my love of her, Top Chef, and stuffing.) I seriously could not be happier. After Jillian lost Project Runway and Rachel didn't even make the finals of I'd Do Anything, I was ready to just think that the reality TV gods were messing with my head. Lisa's appearance in the final was upsetting to say the least (kicking Antonia out for undercooked beans? Oh, Tommy C, why must you do just unjust things and make my heart pang worse than when Nick was kicked off of Runway instead of Santino?).


Santino's hideous craftsmanship a la PR2. Made a grown
woman cry to see sweet Nick eliminated with this crap
on the runway, I swear.

But worse than Lisa just showing her bitchy crossed arms in the finale, she looked like an actual freaking contender. And then proceeded to shove that in Richard and Stephanie's faces in the Glad Room of Product Placement and Despair. She should have been eliminated when she was in the bottom two with Dale, period. Even Tommy agrees.

As for Richard, I feel bad for the man. He's super-sweet and never came across as mean or vindictive. He accomplished many great things in this competition and was truly one of the most innovative chefs Top Chef has ever seen.

Also, I have never seen a winner announcement milked as hard as that one. I literally was ready to throw a pillow cushion at Padma.

That's all for now, kiddies! Next entry will be about my new obsession, Gossip Girl, and how a TV show can be awesome without you actually having to care about the characters!

1 comment:

Ryan said...

I'm so excited for your new blog, I can't even tell you.

And I really want to try to get into GG - although I have much Angel to watch this summer, so I we'll see what happens.