Thursday, October 9, 2008

The Perfect Relationship Goes South

I am so angry this week. I have not been this angry at my TV since Michelle Kwan got the silver at Nagano. I am literally livid, boiling with anger.

I know, I know, I'm a week behind in recaps and I am the suck. But the ranting will take place now, and I will recap tomorrow after work, catching up with two weeks of TV.

Let's look at the shows, shall we?

Gossip Girl
Didn't even air this week. MADE OF LOSE.

Greek
I have a half-written post on the back burner written about this, but I hate hate hate how they treated Casey/Evan in the episode. The show has been very clear that Casey and Evan really had deep feelings for each other and the episode just trivialized them because it was "funny" and "dramatic" to have Evan be a jerk and have Cappie and Rebecca break up once more because he has "feelings" for Casey. The only good part of the episode was Rusty and Ashleigh. That was adorable. But the rest? I'm not impressed nor won over.

NCIS
Haven't watched it yet. But with my luck, Tony and McGee accidentally killed each other in friendly fire.

Project Runway
THE BIGGEST BS IN PROJECT RUNWAY HISTORY. Jerell won what was supposed to be the challenge before Bryant Park. He EARNED his spot. And instead of giving it to him, the designer with the most wins of the entire season, the show slaps him down and treats him like he is tasteless vomit. I am so angry about this it hurts.

Smallville
This is the final straw of my TV watching this week. The "Fever" letter is sacred. SACRED. And even if the writers don't think it has the level of holiness that a Chlarker does, it doesn't mean they should attempt to ruin the pillar of the ship just so they can fail at justifying Chimmy and Clois. The Chloe/Clark relationship deserves better. The fans deserve better.

I am so disgusted with this week of TV. I want to punch things. Writers. Producers. Actual televisions.

Television, I expect better from you. If I'm going to skip out on homework because of you, you have a responsibility to make it worth my while.

3 comments:

RhondaMarie said...

I felt the same way about the Evan/Casey confrontation. The entire first season showed us how much they felt for each other and now I think I will have trouble knowing when Casey is REALLY sincere in her feelings. Does this girl ever really know what she wants? She supposedly isn't over Cappie, yet she never fights to get him back either (he totally tried to woo her back the entire first season and finally got tired of being used/good for you Cap!) I understand why he and Rebecca would never work long term, because Cappie shows us that he is still hung up on Casey and a girl like Rebecca would never accept being 2nd place (no girl should). But at least their relationship was flirty, sexual and passionate. If the writers want the viewers to root for Casey and Cappie, then they better turn up the heat between them, cuz right now it has fizzled. Don't just say that they can't get over each other, show it-like that pool hall scene in the first episode? They had amazing heat and chemestry, but I haven't seen that kind of passion since. If Cappie is really Casey's true love, then lets see her yearn for him and fight for it. Her and Max are very cute, but I still want to believe that it's Cappie for her in the end. Maybe in the future Evan will turn out to be a better person, but right now he and Frannie are hateful and bring out t he worst in each other. I think Evan really loves Casey but he's too proud to admit it now. Casey seems to have convinced herself that she only dated Evan for his status, but it really didn't seem like it last season. I thought she really loved him. Her character confuses me, but maybe that what the writers are trying to show, that she is confused?

Ria said...

you should watch SPN. It made me happy anyway. AND NCIS! Because it was fun, though... well, I'll see what you think later.

Unknown said...

Seriously, this tv week = Michelle Kwan winning a bronze medal and then skating to Fields of Gold in a gold dress. So so sad. Despite the few programs that I actually watch, I think I'm going to be cutting out another one. Ewww.

Once I make my billions, I'm buying out a studio and network and I'm going to create shows that are not horrible disappointments that exist solely for the lcd