Sunday, October 12, 2008

Recap: NCIS 6x03 "Capitol Offense"

So, Ria was completely right. This week's NCIS was amazing. I loved it. It's everything you want in an episode of NCIS: a great mystery and a hilarious subplot.

Summary:

After a female Lt. Commander's body is found, Gibbs is contacted by a senator who served with him in the Marines. The senator was having an affair with the Lt. Commander and wants Gibbs to know this before suspicion falls onto him. Meanwhile, the Director keeps getting messages from an anonymous source giving details about the murder. The murder weapon turns out to be a gun owned by the senator, who still denies involvement and places guilt onto a lobbyist who doesn't want his environmental bill to pass. The senator's wife comes to Gibbs, angry about the affair, but still standing by her husband, saying that he'd never shoot a woman in the back. Shortly after, the phone leaving the anonymous calls is found in the senator's chief of staff's apartment, where the chief of staff is found dead with a confession. Gibbs is still not convinced. By checking the phone records, he realizes the person who was actually using the phone was the senator. The great reveal: the wife killed the Lt. Commander and the spouses both killed the chief of staff.

IN THE SUBPLOT: Ziva gives Abby a cupcake. Said cupcake is stolen. Abby spends the rest of the episode trying to figure out who stole her cupcake. The thief turns out to be (unsurprisingly) McGee.

Five comments:

1. Team Chemistry!

It's lovely to see the entire gang back together. They have beautiful chemistry and this episode highlighted it.

Ziva and Abby! Does anyone else remember when they totally hated each other? Hitting included?

Oh! The misadventures of Tony and McGee! How I've missed thee!

And finally, the best scene of the entire show:

She's on the ninth day of her cycle.

You just love snooping around into other people's lives, don't you?

Yeah. That's why I became a cop.
Oh, Tony. Never change.

Work that gag reflex!

2. The Case of the Missing Cupcake

I'm salivating. That looks ridiculously delicious. For whatever
prospective, hypothetical wedding I may or may not have
in the future, let's do this. Cupcakes. Delicious, delicious cupcakes.


I love Abby. I mean, I semi-dressed-up as Abby for Halloween last year. I just adore her. And the cupcake mystery is Abby at her finest.

Sorry, Gibbs. No Caf-Pow!, no service.

Plus, of COURSE McGee stole the cupcake. Tony knows he'd never get away with it (considering he didn't ever get his dollar back from her). Ziva has dignity. Gibbs has better things to do, and I don't think he eats anyway. McGee, however, crosses the boundaries constantly with Abby. It's their way.

She's the only person in the world who could kill you
and leave no forensic evidence, McGee. Bad decision.


The only thing I really wanted was some conclusion, some Abby/McGee confrontation that ended well, ala her horoscope that she'd have a good encounter with a co-worker.

3. Gibbs + Boat = <3

Oh, Gibbs! It's not NCIS unless he's working on his boat.

I had no idea who was coming to visit Gibbs, and our first hint was a skirt. I was like, "Uh...what's up with the wardrobe, Ziva?" And then (surprise!) the senator's wife!

Man, that woman can drink! Good thing she's married to a politician.

My only comment? Would Gibbs really let the woman drive home? She seemed pretty drunk. And he's a gentleman. I think he would have driven her home.

4. Sexy Ziva!

Ziva has totally been owning her sexuality this season. I know there will be an episode about her adventures in the Middle East that probably explains her new initiative, but until then, her new spontaneity is utterly delightful.

Sign my petition? It's on behalf of lobbyists wanting to
get me to pose in Playboy.


Also, hitting on a lobbyist while I have perfect hair? That is THE way I plan on seducing my future husband. Who hopefully turns out the be Aaron Eckhart from Thank You for Smoking.

5. Angry Gibbs!

Dumbass.

Why would you ever piss off Gibbs? If my wife killed my lover, I'd flip the hell out and then run and cry to Gibbs, confessing everything. Don't lie to Gibbs! How stupid can you be?

But boy, does it make for a fantastic confrontation.

All in all? FAB episode. The only good TV that I watched this week. Thank you, NCIS. You kick ass.

Next Week: GIBBS HAS A DAD!!!! ANGST!!!!

No comments: