Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Shippy Moment of the Day: "Because I'm in Love with Monica!" (Friends)

Chandler Tells the Group that He's in Love with Monica
"The One Where Everyone Finds Out" from
Friends Season 5

Recap: Chandler and Monica have been hiding their relationship from everyone else (except Joey) for the past half of the season. Finally, Phoebe and Rachel find out after catching them in the act and decide to pressure Chandler and Monica into revealing themselves. These leads to an awkward encounter where Chandler and Phoebe pretend to be into each other in order to either throw the other off the trail or force the other to confess respectively.

The Moment:



So hopeful.

Chandler: Oh, you're--you're going?

I absolutely love Phoebe's bra. How sexy is that?

Phoebe: Umm, not without you, lover. So, this is my bra.

Most awkwardly overt checking out ever.

Chandler: It's very, very nice. Well, come here. I'm very happy we're going to be having all the sex.
Phoebe: You should be. I'm very bendy. I'm going to kiss you now.
Chandler: Not if I kiss you first.

Middle school dance initiated by Chandler.

ESCALATION by Phoebe!

Chandler goes for the boob, but decides on the shoulder instead.

Phoebe: Ooh.
Chandler: Well, I guess there's nothing left for us to do but--but kiss.
Phoebe: Here it comes. Our first kiss.

So awkward and SOOOO funny!

But he can't go through with it. I mean, who
actually believed that he'd beat out Phoebe?


Chandler: Okay! Okay! Okay! You win! You win! I can't have sex with you!
Phoebe: And why not?

Confession! FULL confession!

Chandler: Because I'm in love with Monica!

And Phoebe, like the audience, is completely taken by surprise
by Chandler's declaration. He'd previously told Monica he was
in love with her (accidentally), but to tell the whole
group is another thing entirely.


Phoebe
: You're--you're what?!
Chandler: Love her! That's right! I. Love. Her. I love her! I love you, Monica.
Monica: I love you, too, Chandler.

HOT! I'd catcall if I were in the audience.

Phoebe: I just--I thought you guys were doing it! I didn't know you were in love!
Joey: Dude!

CUTE! Best couple on Friends!

Chandler: And hats off to Phoebe. Quite a competitor. And might I say your breasts are still showing.
Phoebe: God!
Oops.

Thoughts: Screw Ross and Rachel. Monica and Chandler are SO the OTP of Friends. Their secret relationship is possibly one of the greatest storylines of the show and this episode in particular is one of the crown jewels of the series. It's absolutely hilarious to watch Phoebe and Chandler fake-flirt (and know that the other one is just fake-flirting back), and to top it all off, we get to have a truly happy, out-in-the-open Monica and Chandler. Just a great episode that highlights the cast's comedic talents and the show's heart.

No comments: