Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Shippy Moment of the Day: "I Thought that I Would Be the Only One" (The Corrs)

"Long Night" ~ The Corrs



And it's gonna be a long night.
And it's gonna be cold without your arms.
And I'm gonna get stage fright caught in the headlights.
It's gonna be a long night
And I know I'm gonna lose this fight.

A love story in reverse, the music video uses one shot to capture the break-up and then the relationship of a couple.

Breaking up!

Unfortunately, some of the rewind action looks a bit awkward or jerky, but the overall effect is lush and the song itself is one of my favorites.

My favorite effect: a singing Andrea in real time follows
her ex-boyfriend who is in reverse through a crowd.


Awkward middle school dancing! Also, Sharon's
gorgeous violin, which makes the song.


An ambitious video that for the most part pays off. All the music videos from Borrowed Heaven (this one, "Summer Sunshine," and especially "Angel") are so much better than their usual muddled fare from their previous albums where the videos come off as disjointed and nonsensical.

Also, the acoustic version of the song, which is excellent:

No comments: