Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Shippy Moment of the Day: "I'll Just Cast Shadows on Your Wall" (Maria Mena)

"Nevermind Me" ~ Maria Mena



This facade that I'm stuck with
Has got me wondering.
Just tell me how you want me
And I'll be naked stumbling
Just to get a reaction, any signs of love.

A super-cute music video with a an angsty, cartoonish quality. Maria Mena is dressed in an animal costume handing out flyers before she leaves to meet her date.

Isn't she so adorable? There's just this natural,
effortless beauty in her performances.


Just the right touch of silliness and seriousness.

Misfortune ensues. She almost gets hit by a car, misses her train stop, and then gets stood up on her date.

Sadness!

Meanwhile, across town, a similarly animal-ed, flyering man also gets fed up.

Doesn't he kind of look like High King Peter?

In a culmination of both of their misfortunes, they literally run into each other...

WHAM!

...and, seeing a little of themselves in the other person, connect.

Meet Cute!

So Happy!

Just a beautiful, sweet kiss. One of the sweetest
kisses I've seen on film.


If you're not familiar with Maria Mena, I highly recommend you looking into her. Her music is strikingly honest and bare with a unique voice and stripped lyrics.

1 comment:

Ria said...

I was totally scrolling through your post because I'm about to go to bed, and I was all "HIGH KING PETER!" which, while sadly it was not, still made my heart glee.