Friday, February 20, 2009

Shippy Moment of the Day: "My Kids Are Going to Be Right" (The Office)

Pam Tells Jim that He's the Reason Her Parents are Getting Divorced
"Stress Relief" from The Office Season 5

Recap: After talking to Jim, Pam's dad finally decides to divorce her mom. Jim doesn't know what he did.

The Moment:

Jim. Waiting for Pam to finish talking to her dad.

Jim: So, what'd he say? Was it my fault?

Oh Jim. He's so unassuming and adorable. And totally freaking out
about ruining his fiance's parents' marriage.


And then comes the sweetest thing that could ever be said.

Pam: Yeah. He said that you told him how much you love me. About how you feel when I walk into a room. And about how you've never doubted for a second that I'm the woman that you want to spend your life with. I guess he's never felt that with my mom, even at their best.
Jim: You okay?
Pam: Yeah.

So sad/wonderful!

Pam: When you're a kid, you assume your parents are soulmates. My kids are going to be right about that. I guess it also means that sometimes love affairs look different to the people inside them.

Your kids will be right, Pam! JAM forever!

Thoughts: This entire episode (the Superbowl ep, btw) was everything you'd ever want from an episode of The Office. A fake fire by Dwight, a hilarious roast of Michael Scott, and a touching Jam/PB&J moment. What I love about this moment is how bittersweet it is. Pam's parents are divorcing, but at the same time, she's fully aware of how happy she is in her relationship with Jim. Pam and Jim love each other so much that other loves pale in comparison. A little upsetting? Yeah. But in this moment, Pam's hurt over her parents is completely eclipsed by her awe of how much Jim loves her. Just a beautiful moment.

2 comments:

Ria said...

Oh my god, for some reason I didn't think you watched The Office! I don't know why I thought that, seems kinda silly now.

This moment made me die with joy. Jam is great.

Melissa said...

Dude, it's JAM. Of course I watch the show.

(Okay, actually, I just started watching it consistently this season. But, JAM!!!!!)