Saturday, February 28, 2009

Shippy Moment of the Day: "You're the One" (Sex and the City)

Miranda Tells Steve that She Loves Him
"The One" from Sex and the City Season 6

Recap: After dating twice and having a baby together, Steve and Miranda are in relationships with other people. However, when Miranda's perfect boyfriend tells her he loves her, she finds herself unable to say it back. Later on, at her son's birthday party, she goes to the laundry room to get the cake.

The Moment:



Miranda. Moping.

Enter Steve and his Adorableness.

Steve: Hold up, hold up. Forget those wimpy little ones. Wait till you see what I've got here. Look at that, huh?

And the words spill out, just like she wished they would.
She couldn't do it with Hottie McHot Blair Underwood because
she was still in love with Steve (of course)!


Miranda: I love you. I love you, Steve. I'm sorry, I should never have said that, it's just that I love you and I fucked everything up and now it's too late. I'm sorry I'm doing this. I'm sorry. Please don't look at me!

He's so supportive. The way he just leans
in and says it back! *Sigh*


Steve: I love you, too.

And she's so shocked, even though everyone
else knew it all along.


Miranda: You do?
Steve: I mean, come on!
Miranda: What about Debbie?

So happy! So in love!

Steve
: I know, but Miranda, you're the one.

YAY!!! Kissage!

Magda!

Miranda (simultaneously): We're getting the cake!
Steve (simultaneously): We've got the candle!
Magda: Hello, where is cake?

Miranda, a member of Worst Liars Anonymous.
P.S. I love Steve's smile. He's hiding nothing.


Miranda: Will you look at the candle Steve brought?

And Magda knows. Magda, our staunchest Miranda/Steve
supporter, is content (as are we all!) because her ship
of choice is finally together for good.


Thoughts: Just so cute! Miranda/Steve are my favorite couple on Sex and the City because, let's face it, they're the cutest. I love how befuddled and embarrassed Miranda is. She's so overcome with how much she loves Steve and how screwed up she thinks the situation is that the words pour out of her mouth despite herself. And instantly, she regrets it. She turns away, expecting to have her heart ripped out. But Steve, who we all know has been in love with Miranda the entire time, sets her straight. And we finally get the Miranda/Steve goodness we've been waiting for! Such a great scene, especially with Magda's knowing smile at the end.

No comments: