Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Spoiler Snark: Gossip Girl, Greek, and Smallville

Where I will snark about spoilers. (Boy, I'm being adventurous with my newfound blogging love.)

In this outing: Who’s hooking up on Gossip Girl? Who’s deactivating on Greek? And who’s Smallville’s latest superhero?

Gossip Girl

As Watch with Kristin reported, Nate and Blair are officially ON.

To quote Kristin’s insider: "Blair and Nate are both at a crossroads. Blair has to accept she isn't going to Yale. Nate is being sucked into his family's expectations, and they are both there for each other and enjoy the familiarity. At first it's platonic, but, of course, that doesn't last long."

And, despite my loyal Chair/Bluck love, I am super-excited about this development. I know, I’m in the minority. But let’s think about how this is good for the show:

1. Nate hooking up with Blair totally shows Chuck what he’s lost and hopefully will give him a good kick in the rear to get his priorities in order.

2. Nate will finally be back in the central plot where he belongs. While I do love the Nate/Vanessa cuteness, Nate is not a B-plot character. And I’m excited to actually have Chace Crawford’s man-bangs cross my TV screen for more than three minutes a week, if even.

3. It will heat up a Nate/Chuck rivalry, meaning they'll actually have screentime together. Does anyone else miss season one Nate and Chuck when they smoked pot in Central Park and were just effortlessly cool and bromantic? Or when they fought over Blair and it was so effing amazing that you were angry that Nate gave up too easily? Yeah. I miss my Nate/Chuck interaction of any type and a Nate/Blair/Chuck love triangle works well to help re-establish their on-screen chemistry.

4. Anything that takes away from the Dan/Serena “we’ve broken up three times and still haven’t learned our lesson” drama is more than welcome in my book.

Plus, we all know that Blair and Chuck are endgame. So I don’t mind our Queen B getting some hot biceped action in the meantime. (And how romantic/gorgeous/exhilarating is that kissing-in-the-snow photo?)

P.S. If Blair’s not going to Yale, where IS she going? If everyone ends up at Columbia, I’m going to be so underwhelmed.

Greek

Two pieces of news:

From Watch with Kristin

“Max has given up grad school for Casey, which he'll make a point of a lot, but when he goes out of town for a month, look for Cappie and Casey to get into some trouble.”

No! Not my beloved Max! Seriously. I’m Cappie-ed out. I realize that he’s the charming slacker that we should all root for Logan Echolls-style, but Max is so wonderfully cute and smart and generous of spirit. I avoided falling in love with Max because I knew that I’d get my heart broken since Cappie/Casey is obviously what the writers and fans want, but he’s irresistibly a-dork-able. Stupid Casey. Maybe Max can get together with Ashleigh?

From Ask Ausiello

“Sources confirm to me exclusively that ding, dong the witch is dead. The witch in this case being Zeta Beta beeyatch Frannie, played with wicked zeal by Tiffany Dupont.”

This actually is freaking me out a bit. Without Frannie to act as the Big Bad, the show just makes Rebecca and Evan do unbelievably stupid stuff. Frannie is the go-to bitch character. I don’t care about her character’s redemption, unlike Rebecca’s and Evan’s. I’m really afraid that without Frannie that Evan will fully embrace the dark side that he has been wading in all of last season or that Rebecca and Casey will finally start an all-out war.

Smallville

Can't. Look. Away. From. Photoshopped. Chest.

From Ask Ausiello
“Anywhoo, by now you probably know that episode 19 finds Lois concocting her very own superhero alter ego, Stiletto, in an effort to smoke out the Red Blue-Blur. (She attacks bad guys with her pointy heels. Get it?) Well, what you may not know is that in that same episode, Chloe willingly begins harboring a fugitive whose name rhymes with Broomsday. (Second hint: He turned her wedding day into a low-budget Cloverfield.) And being the dutiful hostess that she is, she even throws in free meals. Wait 'till you see what, er, who she serves for dinner on Day One.”

Yes, ladies and gents. You read right. Lois Lane becomes a superhero named STILETTO. Like the shoes that you wear to your sorority’s formal before tossing them off because you can’t dance to K-Clarkson’s new single in them. I know I’m probably the only one still watching this show, but come on! Superman should not be about Lois Lane’s fetish for spiky footwear inspiring her to be a superhero.

Also, why is Chloe harboring Doomsday/Davis? Remember how he trashed your wedding? And do I really have to watch Chloe serve him people ala Little Shop of Horrors? I thought old school reporter Chloe would return once Brainiac was extracted from her, but it just seems like the writers want Chloe to just be the most nonsensical character on the already ridiculous show.

LET CHLOE BE HAPPY, TPTB! She deserves it after all the crap you've put her through!

1 comment:

Ria said...

oh my god I totally agree about Nate, but you already knew that. In fact, I talked your ear off about it for an hour. Seriously, though, what have GG writer's been thinking. "Hmmm, we have this really hot guy, let's give him no screen time... that seems like a good idea..." I mean, I love him and Vanessa, and honestly they could do interesting things with them, they just don't. Jeez.

Also, even if they don't work as a couple, Blair and Nate are damn smoking hot together. So no complaints here.